The AWS Certified Security – Specialty is intended for individuals who perform a security role with at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
About the training
Achieving the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security – Specialty certification enables tenured cloud security professional to demonstrate their ability to secure the AWS cloud. The exam is intended for cloud security pros who want to prove their:.
• understanding of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms.
• understanding of data encryption methods and how to secure Internet protocols, plus the AWS mechanisms to implement them.
• working knowledge of AWS security services and features of services to provide a secure production environment.
• Competency gained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features.
• ability to make tradeoff decisions with regard to cost, security, and deployment complexity given a set of application requirements.
• understanding of security operations and risk.
Unit- 1: Design Resilient Architectures
- Choose reliable/resilient storage.
- Determine how to design decoupling mechanisms using AWS services.
- Determine how to design a multi-tier architecture solution.
- Determine how to design high availability and/or fault tolerant architectures.
Unit- 2: Define Performant Architectures
- Choose performant storage and databases.
- Apply caching to improve performance.
- Design solutions for elasticity and scalability.
Unit- 3: Specify Secure Applications and Architectures
- Determine how to secure application tiers.
- Determine how to secure data.
- Define the networking infrastructure for a single VPC application.
Unit- 4: Design Cost-Optimized Architectures
- Determine how to design cost-optimized storage.
- Determine how to design cost-optimized compute.
Unit- 5: Define Operationally-Excellent Architectures
- Choose design features in solutions that enable operational excellence.